Friday, February 19, 2010

Here we go

It was just this past October when my husband went to his officer interview in Ohio. He signed his contract two days later and was given a ship date of April 20th. That was four months ago and it is hard to believe that in two months I will drop him off at the recruiting station. I can see the tears pouring now.

I am scared and nervous all at once for him. How do you go from having easy contact to your best friend every day to not even being able to call if you have the worst/best day of your life? I am so proud of him for wanting to do this. It takes courage to be able to fight for our country and have someone yelling in your face everyday. Fear is not an option.

As for myself? I am excited to get past the training and just to get settled with him somewhere. I am looking forward to the adventures and new friends. This time next year I will be in a different place away from friends and family. I realize that many others are in the same position as me. Not knowing what to expect or think. I realize my life is going to change tremendously, but I don't know if I fully know how much.

Already we moved in with my in-laws so that I am not alone while he is away. I have given my notice at work. To keep busy I enrolled into grad school, which has already proven to take up quite a bit of time...a plus when he is gone.

Thankfully, my husband comes from a military family so they are able to give me some idea of what my life will be like. My sister-in-law and a few friends have provided tips and advice. I realize too that sometimes you just have to live it to really understand it. I guess we will see what lies ahead.

Welcome to my journey as I become the military wife.

No comments: