Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Sweet Post Housing...Or Not

It seems for a while I haven't had anything to talk about and all of a sudden tons of things are coming to mind. We did just go through branching and now we are planning (or trying to) the next step after OCS.

Call me naive if you will. I really wasn't sure what to expect when it came to housing. We thought living on post during training would be the best option for a number of reasons. 1) If we couldn't live together then I would at least be close when he can come home and 2) we won't be there very long.

So I call Ft. Sill today just to get an idea of what I needed to do. Well, it didn't get well and I knew it wouldn't. Since we don't have official orders yet we can't even be put on the waiting list for housing and housing for his rank has a waiting list of 2-3 months. What does this mean for us? We are going to have to get an apt.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind living off post. But what we have found that it is harder to find a place because we have two dogs. Or maybe that is just around here. Also, since we don't know where the good areas are in a new place that makes it a little tougher.

One resource that I hope is useful is relocation center. When I called about housing I was given a different number to call to help with housing off post. Has anyone has experience with this?

I know it will all work out. Just curious about the time between OCS and reporting that really has me wondering where home is going to be.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

we are at ft sill now as well. we live at legend park apt. its about 10 min from post. they allow 2 animals. if you have any other questions, message me on facebook.