Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I'm sure like everyone else I am thinking about what I most thankful for. My husband is at the top of that list.

I think living separate lives for the past few months has made us want to be around each other as much as possible. I feel blessed to have this appreciation for him; to want to be around him and want to spend time with him. Its probably because I know that there will be days when he isn't here.

I'm not going to lie and I have probably said this before, but when he isn't around it feels normal. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. He spend the last three weeks out in the field as part of his BOLC training and it didn't bother me. I didn't feel lonely or upset that he was gone, even if he wasn't that far away.

I'm so thankful for my new military family. This past year wouldn't have been the same without them, but I wouldn't want to have gone through this without them. They are amazing, strong women who I pray to be friends with for the rest of my life. We may not always end up in the same place or be spread across the stats, but they are there no matter what and I am so thankful for that.

What are you thankful for this year? Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: