Saturday, January 15, 2011

Home Sweet Ft. Drum

The movers did a great job packing everything up. Only two guys were sent for whatever reason, but they did a fantastic job packing up our lives into the trailer and hauling it away. Now it just sits in storage until we close on our house. Hopefully everything gets back to us the way it got backed.

I spent last week in New York with John and we found a house we LOVE. The more I think about the house the more excited I get to actually move in. Its nice to know we have a home for the next four years. That may not seem like a lot, but we haven't been anywhere on our own for more than a year. I spent two years at his parents house before we got married, we moved out for a year, and then I moved back with them last year to stay with them while he was in training. But we finally have a home. Fingers crossed the inspection goes well Monday morning. It should be smooth sailing from there. Until closing I am back in WV and living with my in-laws. There are a few reasons why.

Ft. Drum is great so far. It did snow quite a bit while I was there and its cold, but the towns close by have a lot of charm and I am looking forward to exploring even more. There isn't much around post itself, but a miniature golf course, drive-in theatre, and skiing are not too far away.

I'm really looking forward to this next chapter in our lives. We have so much to be thankful for. :-)

No comments: