Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update from Ft. Drum

So we are finally getting settled into the new house. We have been working as hard as we can to get it looking right, yet there are boxes everywhere still. I really need to figure out where to put some of this stuff. Closing went pretty well. While unpacking we discovered a few things that had been broken during the move. Luckily nothing major, but it still stinks.

I still like the area pretty well. We found a gate closer to our house and John is only 11 miles from driveway to his parking lot at work. Not bad at all. The weather is still cold here, but we had a few nice days over the weekend.

We may have missed the deployment bullet for the time being. Because John's unit is coming back they want to try and keep them here for two years. Third just left and when they get back post wants to try and keep everyone here for at least a year. Two years is nice but 1) I'm not going to count on it and 2) I still kind of want to get the first one out of the way.

All is going well with the baby. We are naming her Hannah Elise or Elyse. Haven't really decided how to spell the middle name yet. My family has been sending presents and I can't wait to start working on her room. I can't wait for her to get here.

Well, that is all for now. Hope everyone has been doing well!

No comments: