Monday, May 2, 2011

Goodbye Childhood Friend

Not much has happened in the last month. The biggest things was losing one of our dogs. About a month ago our toy poodle, who I have had since I was 12, got really sick. She was at least 17 years old, so I was thinking the worst before even taking her to the vet. A heart murmur she had, which wasn't a big deal, had turned into heart disease. She had stopped eating and drinking. I tried to feed her, but eventually she starting throwing that up. A week after I took her to the vet she passed away.

The first week or so was hard. My mom was just a few days from visiting and we would hope she would make it. I cried nonstop for several days, and the house just seemed empty. Where her bed used to be was nothing but a blank space. I still hate I can't just hold her. We had her cremated, and just when I thought I was doing ok they called to come get here. Luckily my mom was here, so the two of us went together. That set me back.

She isn't sick anymore, and that is the most important thing. I know I tried my best to keep her going. She was with my husband and I for over two years and I know we gave her extra life and love. She has been part of my life for 14 years, and I will never forget her.

No comments: