Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Being Adventurous

So we are in the final month before John leaves for basic April 20th. I have finished my first graduate class and started my second, Brand Equity Management. Between work and school it is amazing I can still have somewhat of a life.

This past weekend John and I went away and it was AMAZING! Our last weekend with just the two of us before he leaves. We rented a cabin at Cabins at Pinehaven right outside of Beckley, WV, and it was nicer than I thought it was going to be. The cabin includes a small kitchen and hot tub. Perfect for just the two of us.

Saturday we went zip lining at Ace Advanture Center. Zip lining is basically hooking yourself to a cable and swinging yourself to another tree. Keep in mind I'm not the adventurous type and really dislike roller coasters, so this was something out of the ordinary for me. The longest line was 350 feet, which also went really fast.If you too are scared of roller coasters, this one is not recommended. I enjoyed myself and while I did get scared on a few (because you basically made yourself drop) it wasn't too bad. I may try it again.

Once we finished zip lining we went Wine Tasting at Daniel's Vineyards. For $3 we tasted about nine wines, not including the red wines we passed on. We ended up purchasing a desert wine, Blackberry, which is their most popular.

The weather was beautiful all weekend. Sunshine and at least 70. PERFECT! All in all is was a wonderful weekend, and a much needed getaway. I am amazed everyday how much I love him. I can't wait to find out what is in store for us.

Pictures to come soon.

No comments: