Monday, October 4, 2010

We're Here!!!!!!!

So we finally made it to San Antonio after two days. Staying with my aunt for a few days until we get things figured out. We are about 30 minutes from Fort Sam Houston, which isn't too bad. John is going out exploring tomorrow.

Everything went well for commissioning and we stayed busy. The flight down was a nightmare and my luggage got put on another flight because they noticed I switched flights. Luckily I have friends! My friend, Sheryl, was nice enough to take my to get a new outfit and shower at her place while Tracey was nice enough to take me to the social that night.

John and I did take the time to drive to Atlanta where we visited the Aquarium and the Coca-Cola Museum. They are right next to each other so next time you are there you need to go. Military is free at the Coca-Cola Museum and there is a discount at the Aquarium.

Georgia was a great trip and I kind of miss Fort Benning. I will always remember it and all the great people I met. Even though I didn't love there it still kind of felt like home.

Now we are in San Antonio and I can't wait to see what the city has in store for us!

No comments: