Thursday, April 29, 2010

First Call

I received my first call from John last night since basic has begun. Five minutes is hardly anything, especially since I missed his call twice. Silly me. It was so great to hear his voice. It is Amazing how someone'e voice can send so many emotions through you, but good emotions.

His graduation will be July 1st, it seems. Which is one day sooner than we thought, but I'm not complaining. The bad part is that he has to report to OCS the next day. When I receive the information in the mail I will be able to request to get to spend the weekend with him. I hope I get more time with him. Nine weeks apart and two days together isn't enough to make up for lost time.

I'd have to say I am one of the luckiest people. I have a husband whom I love more than anything and I know he feels the same way. Even though we have miles away from each other and can't communicate, I love him more each day.

When he left I realized how much he did for me and now I have to do everything on my own. This isn't a bad thing, but I took this for granted and hope I appreciate him more when we are finally together again.

When I get up in the morning I know I need to look good for work, but mostly I wanted to look good for him. Now that he is gone it seems as if I have forgotten how to dress myself or I don't care as much. Hopefully I don't look awful.

Have a great day!

No comments: