Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Instant communication

So while I am having a hard time being away from John there is an upside to this. Thankfully I live in the day where I can send an e-mail, get a call anywhere I am, and see John through a computer screen. While all of these luxuries won't come until OCS, it will still be nice to have them. Until then, it is pen and paper.

Another great tool is Facebook. I know everyone who is anyone is on Facebook, and while it seems pointless sometimes it can have a great purpose. Today I found a group for Ft. Benning. It was great to see so many people posting as once with questions and information about their sons and husbands. I even managed to find a few people who have someone going through at the same time as John.

If you haven't found any support groups, please look for them. Even if you know someone who has been through what you have been through it helps to have someone who is going through it at the same time.

No comments: