Saturday, June 5, 2010

What I Learned From SATC 2

So I went to see Sex and the City 2 tonight. If you haven't seen it then stop reading. I'm not giving the whole movie away, but just a portion that really hit home and reenforces what I have been thinking all along.

So as you can tell from the previews Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha all head to the middle east for a week. While there each lady is given her own butler. Carrie finds out that her butler's wife lives in India. They see each other about every three months when he can afford to fly out to see her. Carrie asked it that was hard on them and he told her that it didn't matter. Each time they are together it is special.

That is the outlook I need to have on this. While John is only in basic now, we have many separations ahead of us. I need to remember that we still love one another while we are apart and we need to cherish each second we have when we are together. Who knows how many deployments will come and go, but I know that when he comes home everything will be ok and we will enjoy the time we have together.

No comments: