Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Army Wife Prayer


The first deployment seems so far aways. Who knows when. It seems like it will come sooner than I would like, but right now I can barely think about anything past graduation. I know that while he is away I will need to pray more than ever. I know that while he is away he is away because he is serving his country. Not just protecting me anymore, but protecting a whole country. 


I found this prayer and while it says it is an Army Wife Prayer, I believe it can go for any branch. We are always waiting for our loved one to come home and realize they are out their doing a duty. And while they are out, we have a duty at home. To pray for them and make sure they have someone supporting them and loving them. They need us as much as our country needs them. 


"The Army Wife Prayer"


Dear Lord, 


Give me the greatness of heart to see the difference between duty and his love for me. Give me the understanding that I may know, when duty calls him he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in  our loving hand. And Lord, , when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong. 


Amen.

 

No comments: