Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank You For All You Do

So when I tell people my husband is in the Army they say "Thank you" for what you do. I understand the "Thank You" for him because he is going out and risking his life to protect this country. Well he will be. But a "Thank You" to me?

As a military wife I know I am going to have to give up my rights somewhat. I won't be able to plan anything because who knows when John will be deployed. I have to get used to the idea that I will have to go months (hopefully not a year) without my husband while they send him to fight in a country. They will control where I go and when I leave. My life is now an Army life almost as much as John's is.

I know it will make John happy to have this kind of life. This is what he wants and I am very proud of him for doing it. I just want him to be happy. I am proud of any of the men and women serving out country, but I know it takes a lot to want to put yourself through the training.

So here is my Thank You moms for giving us the men and women who serve. Thank you to the wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, and fiances who stand by their solider as they fight for our country. And Thank You to the soldiers who put their life on the line everyday.

No comments: