Friday, May 7, 2010

On The Up and Up

I know it has been a few days since I have written. I should be happy I don't know where this week has gone, but all of a sudden feel like I have so much to do.

I have received a letter from John almost everyday this week. Tuesday was the only day, but I had two Wednesday to make up for it. It is great to read what he has been up to. This week they have done the gas chamber and completed an obstacle course. I heard his Platoon has the best time for the obstacle course. However, he has had to do quite a few push-ups due to others getting them in trouble or the team not completing a task.

One woman I am talking to won a contest on Ft. Benning's Facebook page by answering a trivia question the quickest. By doing so she was able to pick a company to have photos taken of and she chose C Company, which is John's company. Her husband, along with a group of us, all have husbands/sons/fiancés/bfs in the same company so we were all thrilled to death when we heard Sarah won. The pics got posted yesterday and John was in about five of them.

I can't really say it enough how great it is to have such a great support system with the women I have met. We all understand what the other is going through and it makes it easy for us. We are all excited for each other when someone gets a phone call or a letter, and are sad for one another when the others haven't received anything. It is great to have them because we share information with one another. We all get bits and pieces of info, but we are able to share it with each other.

More and more each day I try to feel truly blessed for what I have. My husband and all the letters I am receiving, my life, my new and old friends. John has been going to church and started talking with a Chaplain. He isn't much of a religious person, so it is nice to see this side of him. It is inspiring.

Well, that is all for right now. More to come soon.

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

I'm so glad you got to see pictures of John. You are a strong woman Ashley and I'm so proud of you!!